What documents can be used to verify ID?
We require a copy of one form of photo ID. Acceptable forms of photo ID are:
- Driving License (with photograph)
- National Identity card
We must also verify your home address using one of the following documents. Both your name and address must be shown on each document):
- Utility bill (gas, electric, water, television, phone bill) issued within the last three months
- Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
- Bank, building society or credit union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
- Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
- Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
- Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
- Benefit book or original notification letter from a benefits agency
- HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year
- Electoral register entry
- NHS medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practise of registration with the surgery
How to submit your documents
You can upload copies of your documents using the Virtually There Portal.
Once we receive your documents, we will be in touch to let you know if your documents have passed verification.
Here is how to upload your AML documents:
- Log in to the Virtually There Portal (here's how).
- Click the Virtual Office or Registered Company Address subscription on the left of the page.
- At the bottom of the subscriptions settings page, under 'AML Checks', click 'Complete AML Checks'.
- Fill in the 'Company Details' form, then click the 'Add New Director' button.
- Add the Director's first name, last name, and date of birth in the 'Personal Information' section.
- Upload 'Proof of Identification' and a selfie with your ID (your face must be clearly visible). You can use a driving license, passport, or other Government-issued photo ID as proof of identification.
- Finally, add the Director's 'Address Information' and upload 'Proof of address'. You can use a bank statement or utility bill dated within the last 3 months.
- Click Save, and that's it! We'll be in touch to let you know if your documents have passed verification.