These regulations are set by the UK Government.
Customers must provide a copy of one form of photo ID and proof of their residential address to pass our AML checks.
Any post we receive at your virtual address will be stored for you until we verify you have passed these checks.
Why does Virtually There collect this information?
Virtually There needs to comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements.
These place a responsibility on Virtually There to verify the identity of all customers using our virtual addresses.
What documents can be used to verify ID?
We require a copy of one form of photo ID. Acceptable forms of photo ID are:
- Driving License (with photograph)
- National Identity card
We must also verify your home address using two of the following documents. Both your name and address must be shown on each document):
- Utility bill (gas, electric, water, television, phone bill) issued within the last three months
- Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
- Current UK driving license (only if not used as photo ID)
- Bank, building society or credit union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
- Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
- Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
- Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
- Benefit book or original notification letter from a benefits agency
- HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year
- Electoral register entry
- NHS medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practice of registration with the surgery
How to submit your AML documents
You can upload copies of your documents using the Virtually There Portal.
Once we receive your documents, we will be in touch to let you know if your documents have passed verification.
Instructions on how to log in to your Virtually There Portal can be found below: